Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Project Editorial Quarter page

This a project I recently finished. I re-illustrated a quarter page piece in REAL SIMPLE magazine. The article was on 10 ways to divorceproof a marriage.

This is the original article:


These are my Thumbnail sketches for the new Illustration. 

 

These are some of my sketches further rendered. (I ended up choosing the couple throwing their phone behind them. One of the topics in the article talked about putting electronics aside and spending time with each other):


This is a scan of the piece before Photoshop editing:


I rendered the image in graphite first. Then I sprayed it with fixative and coated it with a thin layer of varnish (Varnish was too shiny and would have prefer to coat with Mat Medium instead.) Then worked with watercolors (had a bit of trouble with the watercolor on top of the varnish) and I then finished it up with a little white acrylic and color pencil. I am still working out the kinks in this process. 


After a little photoshop editing:


It was then suggested to me that I should continue the hair and vail behind the couple if it was going to be on the other side of the heart. So I went back to the original work and put them in.
This is the final mock-up of the article with my illustration in it. (Changed the color of the font so that it would flow better with the color scheme of the art. And I flipped the man and woman so that the rings were on the proper hands.):

2 comments:

  1. When you say "...spend as much time on your spouse", does that translate to "...spend as much time on top of your spouse?" 'Cause that sounds pretty divorceproof to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw so many testimonies about Dr Itua a great HERBAL DOCTOR that can cure all kind of diseases and give you the rightful health to live a joyful life, I didn't believe it at first, but as the pain got worse and my life was at risk after visiting my therapist numerous times for combination of treatments. And no changes so I decided to take a try, I contacted him also and told him I want a cure for Vulvar cancer/ Testicular cancer and it was Stage IIIA, he gave me advice on what I must do and he delivered it to me in my state which I use according to his instruction, and today I must say I am so grateful to this man Dr Itua for curing me from Vulvar cancer/ Testicular cancer and for restoring me back to my normal health and a sound life, I am making this known to every one out there who have been living with cancers all his life or any sick person should not waste more time just contact him with his details below- WhatsApp- +2348149277967 Email drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, believe me this man is a good man with Godly heart, this is the real secret we all have been searching for. Do not waste more time contacting him today for you to also live a sound and happy life. He cures the following disease, thyroid Cancer, Uterine cancer, Fibroid, Arthritis, Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia, Bladder cancer, Brain cancer, HIV, Herpes, Esophageal cancer, Gallbladder cancer, Gestational trophoblastic disease, Head and neck cancer, Hodgkin lymphoma Intestinal cancer, Kidney cancer,Hpv, Lung cancer, Melanoma,Mesothelioma, Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, Oral cancer, Ovarian cancer, Sinus cancer, Hepatitis A, B/C, Skin cancer, Soft tissue sarcoma, Stroke, Lupus, Spinal cancer, Stomach cancer, Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer, Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases, Pancreatic Cancer, Leukemia, Liver cancer, Throat cancer, Alzheimer's disease, Chronic Diarrhea,Copd, Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma Infectious mononucleosis.

    ReplyDelete