Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Pre-Blog Work...

This is a project I worked on when I was studying abroad in the south of France. I was living in a very little hillside village called Lacoste. The experience was one of the greatest of my life! This is a project I worked on while there. I illustrated a dummy book of Joanne Harris's book "Chocolat". It was a very inspiring project for me as a sort of launching point stylistically. Here are some of the images from that project.
(note: In the book itself, I ended up using just the red inside illustrations instead of the full color. I felt it was a better fit and not as busy. The dummy book can be purchased on lulu.com for $10. http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/chocolat/11047844)
                                                        
                                                                             Cover:



Inside Illustrations:
















No comments:

Post a Comment